Designed as a decorative finish for darker wooden flooring such as jarrah and smoked oak. Polyx®-Oil "Effect" are 2 unique, special effect Polyx®-Oil tints containing either gold or silver particles.
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect may also be used on light coloured timbers, however, to get the special effect of the gold or silver sparkle, the floor needs to be stained black first, using Osmo Wood Wax Black (3169) as the base coat, prior to applying a top coat of either gold or silver "Effect".
- Easy to apply, with just 1-2 thin coats
- Based on natural oils and waxes
- Water-repellent and dirt-resistant
- Very durable and hard wearing
- Food safe once cured
- Extremely stain resistant
- Resistant to wine, cola, tea, coffee, water and fruit juices
- Microporous breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- Spot repairs are easy. No need to sand the whole floor, or piece of furniture
- Easy to maintain with any plant-based soap such as Osmo's Wash and Care
- Suitable for children's toys, cots and bassinets
- Transparent matt finish
- Coverage: Approximately 30 square metres per litre
- No. of coats: 1-2
- Application: Good quality brush, low nap (3-5mm) microfibre roller, lint-free cloth or an Osmo Easy Pad
- Drying time: 24 hours
- Sizes: 30mL sample sachet, 375mL, 750mL, 2.5L
- Sanding in between coats not necessary
- Finishes: 3091 Silver, 3092 Gold
- Storage times: 5 years unopened, 1 year once opened
For further details on this product, please see the Resources below.
A trial is always recommended first to determine suitability.