Based on natural oils and waxes, the finish is food safe once cured.
- Easy to apply, with 2 thin coats
- Based on natural oils and waxes
- Enhances the woods natural character
- Very durable and hard wearing
- Food safe once cured
- Extremely stain resistant
- Resistant to wine, cola, tea, coffee, water and fruit juices
- Microporous breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- Easy to re-coat
- Coverage: Contents will cover approximately 12 square metres with one coat
- No of Coats: 2 for flat boards. 3 coats may be required if the board is made from end grain blocks
- Application: Apply using a lint free cloth such as Osmo's Easy Pads
- Sanding in between coats not necessary
- Drying Time: 8 - 10 hours
- Can size: 500ml
- Finishes: Clear matt 3099
- Storage times: 5 years unopened, 1 year once opened
For cleaning, a damp cloth is recommended. Where grease etc needs to be removed we recommend using a pH neutral or plant based detergent such as Osmo's Spray Cleaner. Avoid using chemical detergents as these will strip the finish from the board over time. Washing your chopping board in the dishwasher is not recommended.
A trial is always recommended first to determine suitability.